Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter storm watch


I spent the entire day on the couch... again. This time because of a stupid, simple head cold. Sneezing, blowing, sighing, waiting, blowing, drinking (water and juice) and waiting. Waiting for the first significant snow fall to start falling, waiting for me to stop sneezing, waiting for my cat to get off my legs so I could get up, waiting for C. Love to get home from the store with some new soft tissues, waiting to feel better after not feeling good for a week and waiting for the day to end so it'll be tommorow. I tried to do some Christmas shopping on line beacuse now that December is here I refuse to go into any store unless it's full of groceries or alcohol. I also attempted to write a post about short people.

Both t2 and afunt posted photos of themselves today which totally woke me from my comatose state but also distracted me from focusing on my own "short people" post. I don't know why but seeing someone who I know but have never seen before freaks me out. It's not that it disturbs me, it just freaks me out- you know? It's all good, I had some time (all day) to sit with it, to sit with my thoughts. I couldn't even respond to the posts right away-that took me all day too. I don't know what it is. Like I've said before, first of all I can't help myself from not visualizing someone and then when I actually see them it just makes them real-or more real should I say. It never seems like anyone else has these issues or if they do, they just never speak of them. Granted I have never posted a full photo of myself, only a partial one but even with that no one seemed to flinch. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. Whatever- so t2 doesn't have dark hair and she looks short... or that afunt does have dark hair and wears glasses-not that any of that is strange at all- I'm short and I would have wrote about the subject today but I couldn't stop thinking, blowing and sneezing, long enough to. I wear glasses sometimes too... whatever.

Anyway I'm feeling better tonight but today sucked. I don't know what's going on because I swear I haven't been sick in years. I don't get sick. It's probably stress. Damn stress, it just creeps up on you and kicks you in the ass. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to wake up to a couple inches of snow- oh joy.

Just 21 more days and the days start to get longer again... I'll wait for that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to blow you away r.d. (no pun intended ;-) Yes, I am short -
5'3" I hope you start feeling better soon! Maybe put some lemon in your beer ;-)

afuntanilla said...

what is going on with you? why have you been so sick for what seems like awhile now?

yep, i'm a shorty too....but i never really even think about it. i must feel tall. :)

hope u feel better soon.

r.d. said...

Don't worry t2, I'm over it already- I don't even remember the old vision...

afunt,
I know, right? I don't know what the hell is going on. I think a couple of weeks ago I was going out a lot and getting little sleep. Then mix that with working with lots of poeople who are sick all the time and my feeling run down and you get a prime opportunity to pick something up like I did. After this weekend I should be back to normal-hopefully. You sound tall too.

Zoe said...

I know exactly what you mean about being kind of freaked out by seeing/meeting people you know but have never met or seen. I am a very visual person, so I have to visualize everything that I read or hear, it's just how my brain works. So when I read someones blog I create some image or idea that person in my mind. It is always interesting and somewhat perplexing when I finally see someone and my image of them is so way off base. Even after finally seeing someone, my brain reverts back to the image I created for that person.

I always wonder if the people whos blog I read are really anything like would imagine them to be, and I don't just mean in physical appearance. And of course, I always wonder how people view me because I'm sure I'm nothing like anyone would imagine. I always think no one would really like me if they met me, but I guess that's just my own insecurity. That's part of the interesting thing about blogging, it brings people together who would probably not normally ever associate with one another.

I hope you feel better soon, and that you don't have what we had.

r.d. said...

Hey zoe,
Me too. I'm home again today but mostly because of the weather, I feel better this morning. Yeah, I understand the visual thing, I'm all over that. I like to believe that whatever image someone has formed of me would be completely shattered once they set eyes on me because an actual vision is so much stronger than an imaginary one. Plus in person you got the energy thing working for you. I'm confused why you say you think you are nothing like what people imagine you to be. You give us a lot-plus photos, so what are you leaving out? I personally can't imagine you to be too different, maybe just... like I say, more real.