Wednesday, January 17, 2007

destination unknown

You know those Corona commercials where the guy's laying in the hammock and he he just can't reach his beer because his swing is out of sync? I can't seem to get the image out of my head...

Anyone been to The Bahamas? We are in the process of trying to decide where to go for 5 days in March. Maybe it's the Bahamas, or Mexico or The Dominican Republic or California or Florida. I want the trip to be easy and not too costly.


I'll tell you what I don't want and or need while on this excursion:
A family Scene /Kid Friendly

Crowds
Water Sports

Fear of danger if venturing outside the resort or hotel area
"Lagoon" Beaches (I want open sea)

The chance for bad weather
Tourist Attractions

Here's what I'm looking for:
Sun/Sand
Temps in the 80's
Great Food
A Comfortable Bed
Cold Beer
Space
Quiet
Beauty
This is what I'm thinking

Anyone got any suggestions?

5 comments:

jromer said...

this is from someone who lives in los angeles and loves it here. don't come here in march. go south. further south.

r.d. said...

Don't worry j- LA was never even on the list.

Middle Girl said...

I haven't been anywhere that picturesque, so, no suggestions, sorry. I will however be here whatever 5 days in March you and c. love are gone to there-wherever that is, turning positively green with envy.

Good luck with the search of the perfect place to relax :)

r.d. said...

Thanks only daughter. The trip was somewhat given to us because c.love turns the big four o (40) this year. Otherwise we wouldn'tbe spending the cash in this way. Definately a luxury. I can't wait...

Trinity2 said...

I've had good luck in the Caymen islands, hit or miss luck in Florida and never been anywhere else.