Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pee like a man

How nice would that be, to pee like a man. Think about it- there would be no more squatting, straddling, paper arranging or holding it. Just whip it out and let it fly. Sounds good to me, it's a hell of a lot easier and way more convenient (and I'm all over that). Now I'm not saying I want to be a man, just maybe pee like one if needed.

The other night I was pulled into a conversation about women peeing while standing. I think it came up because someone was talking about going camping and using
this. Unfortunately I missed the intro about using the tool, so when I joined the conversation I thought they were discussing women who simply choose to stand while urinating (hate that word) and found the subject quite interesting. I had known about this phenomenon being quite popular in the lesbian community because of the 'wanting to be a man' fetish and I had heard about the using the tool because of sanitary reasons but I was unaware of any straight women having the urge to stand. The particular women I was hanging out with were gay but some of them wanted to actually not have to use the tool at all; they wanted to know if it was possible to learn how to do it with 'direction'. Now why they were asking me I have no idea; I wasn't offering any advice or speaking from experience just giving support, but it got me thinking.

The tools used for this act range from a paper disposable kind to a
funnel type plastic thing. The more I think about it the more inviting it sounds but I don't want to be carrying around a pack of anything in my pocket or on my body except maybe gum so it's out for me. Except if I had to go camping, then I'm in. The funny thing is I could totally see myself keeping a stash of them in my glove compartment for those disgusting restroom visits on road trips or just road trips in general- hell who needs a restroom if I got one of these. So the funnel thing is one thing but doing it without anything is whole other issue.

So I'm throwing the concept out there for you all to ponder- peeing while standing- with or without the tool. What are your thoughts , concerns, feelings or experiences. Inquiring minds want to know...

9 comments:

SassyFemme said...

I think I'll happily just keep finding clean restrooms to use when I'm not home. I'm not the camping type anyway.

reasonably prudent poet said...

i'm totally down for peeing while standing, though i'm with you in terms of carrying some kind of tool around all the time. i think it would only matter to me when camping or on road trips. i really could've used it about eight years ago when i had a caeser cut and took lots of road trips through the south -- stopping to use public restrooms was more than just unsanitary, it could be downright dangerous.

DB said...

When I was about five I was obsessed with peeing standing up. I thought it unfair that my brothers had it so easy so I started practicing and just kept ending up with shoe filled with pee.

Never did figure out how to do it. I've never used a tool either, but there's been several times in my life I've wished I'd had one.

Kelly said...

When I used to camp or drink to excess, I must admit, the advantages of peeing while standing were easy to see.

Like Sassy, I'm not a camping type-o-gal and I'm a fairly light-weight drinker these days. So, peeing like a girl is just fine with me.

SheA said...

Totally down with the tool, especially waiting in the potty line at the ballgames this summer.

r.d. said...

I understand sassyfemme, I'm sure you're not alone in that sentiment.

r.p.p (you need to be shortened, hope you don't mind)Yikes! dangerous and unsanitary, not a good combo. I'm sure if we ever got into carrying the tool we'd be fine but until then...

Hey saron, five-really? that's pretty funny. I'm sorry you didn't master it considering you've had so much time to try.

I don't camp either kelly but the drinking is there so... but you're excused though if we ever find ourselves in the woods somewhere.

I'm with you shea, I'm with you!

Maggie said...

Considering I spend most of my summer with only a porta-potty available, I'm all for standing while peeing. Especially when it's winter and I'm wearing Carhart bibs.

Maria said...

I just do not get this whizzy thing. I mean, first you have to lug this thing around with you and frankly, my purse is already full without my whizzy.

Then, there would be all that arranging to get it just perfect so that no droplets went astray. It sounds like more trouble than it is worth.

I don't mind sitting. Sometimes it is the only time I get to be ALONE in my house.....

r.d. said...

Gottcha maggie

I guess it's just not for you maria! It's definately not for everyone- enjoy your sit down time...