Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sexy,cool, beautiful


Lately my partner and I have been very busy, her with her "life coaching" buisness and I with... well just life I guess. We haven't had too much quality time together and when that happens other things start to feel meaningless and a little off. Friday night we found ourselves a little window of time; no clients or social engagements to attend to,so we ordered some take out and sat on the couch facing each other. We talked and ate...and talked. We talk a lot. The thing that was so great about it on Friday was that in between the words and bites I was just noticing how beautiful she was. And I'm not just saying that because she's mine- she's sexy,cool, beautiful looking and I like looking at her. Looking, kissing, holding and laughing with her.

One reason I think it's been so challenging to hook up with the lesbian community is because we really don't need to. We're are so content while in each other's company nobody else compares. But as much as we enjoy each other, we'd like to gaze at other people too, every once in awhile. I guess we've just gotten to a point where we've had enough of straight people and pretty much just -each other. It's been a stuggle to literally peel ourselves off the couch and force ourselves to get out there. Luckily whenever we go out drinking is usually involved so I don't care who's around. The comfort factor we have with each other is a strong bond and it get us through tons of stuff; the fact that it's so strong I think helps us feel comfortable out there in lesbo land. As you all know, it can be quite intimidating at times.

Little moments like Friday night reinforce our relationship in a way nothing else can. Not even sex. Speaking of which, now that I think about it that's long overdue. Anyway, it's funny-funny ironic that in her coaching buisness she helps her clients get to that place of bliss, whether it be with their career, life, love or whatever. We find that moment of bliss all the time and I feel so fortunate.

3 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

How beautiful, your partner is very lucky.

I know what you mean though, me and my other half are not really involved with the lesbian community, like you said, just having eachother is enough. All you need is love :-)

I wish you both a beautiful life together, full of love and happiness X

Taradharma said...

My partner and I have a lot of friends from every sexual persuasion...sometimes I find in the lesbian community a lot of "rules" and playing around (in small towns -- has everyone slept with everyone else?) I hang with people I enjoy. I like being around our queer brothers and sisters at Pride, but don't do the bar scene or other large events. Just not that kind of gal anymore. Too much sensory overload! We're just boring suburban lesbians with busy lives and 2 kids.

weese said...

here, here for boring suburban lesbians...count up two more.
your friday sounds like many of ours. we have our own version of friday happy hour - but with just us. we usually don't leave the kitchen, just pour some cocktails (wine for her, beer for me) and snack on stuff - and just talk and talk. the kids will blow through now and again on their way somewhere. its a great way to reconnect after the week.