Thursday, December 14, 2006

no comment

Fuck, I can't seem to be able to leave any comments on certain blogs. One of them is you t2 and you too kelly. T2, I had no idea you were going to announce it to the world! Chill, we'll figure out the details- yes, I will be around but shhhhhh... and kelly I hope by now you're feeling better. Man, I loved being sick... sounds strange I know.

Well this week sucks. Sunday I found out my dad is back in the hospital in intensive care. He's still there, they think it's his heart but they're still not sure. Why they're not sure is beyond me. I can't stand thinking about him hooked up to machines, not eating and scared for his life. I can't stand it. I know he'll be ok, but it's a struggle waiting for that. Then on Tuesday I get a call at work that I need to go back to get a second mammogram because there was something not clear on the first one. Talk about a bad day: my dad practiacally (what feels like) on life support and my mamogram not cleared for take off. Next Thursday we head home for Christmas, I'm not sure anymore what that will be like, but I hope he'll be home by then. I have no idea.

I saw my energy healer yesterday and she helped to put my mind at ease around my dad and my boob- my thing is no big deal and he may need a heart procedure but again, it's not confirmed. Tonight we head out to C. Loves Christmas party at the zoo, should be fun- hopefully there will be some good-looking people to gaze at. I won't know anyone at this one so there will be a lot of introductions and simple conversation but the food sounds great and I'm sure there will be plenty of alcohol to keep me focused.

So anyway, what the hell is going on with not being able to comment?

Evening update: A quick thank you to all- my dad seems to be "sitting up in a chair" today and they have decided it's not his heart so he will be able to be home for Christmas. Much relief from this end. I'm off to a cool Christmas party so I better go get myself ready. Thank you all for your words and concern. Hey afunt, I was wondering what was going on with your other blog, I figured you just killed it. This issue sucks and someone better fix something fast. Catch you all on the flip side-

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sassy was mentioning the same thing on her blog, R.D. I can't figure out why. I've lost some comments that way because I've had to get out of someone's blog and sign in. I haven't gone to the blogger users help page on yahoo yet to see if there are any suggestions.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope that he's home by the time that you get there. And, when do you have to go back for a second mammogram?

I'm sending lots of healing thoughts to you and your father.

Maggie said...

I had the same problem. It cleared up later in the day, though.

Keep us posted on the mammogram. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

It must have to do with the improvements that have been made to beta blogger. I had the same the same problem until last night when I switched to beta blogger. I didn't really want to switch yet, but it was pissing me off that I couldn't comment on beta blogs. Of course, now you can't comment on my blog. When they offer you the switch, do it. You have to do it when you see it's offered because it won't be offered again for a while.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Uncertainty is always the worst.

As if you needed more stress, the 2nd mammogram. Man. I'm sure it's nothing, but I totally understand the angst.

Enjoy the christmas party.

Anonymous said...

r.d.
sorry to hear how things have been going for you lately. my thoughts will be with you!!

regarding BLOGGER>> all i have to say is my running blag has completely disappeared!!

SassyFemme2 said...

I finally decided to use the beta account i had created for storage space, its the only way I can post on beta blogs.

I'm sorry for all you're going through with your dad. Having an ill parent is such a stressful thing. I'm glad he's a little better though. Hope that all works out okay with your mammo.

Middle Girl said...

Sorry to hear about your dad-glad news is better now--keeping a good thought.

About the return mammo-too. I had to go back for a 2nd mammo and then an ultra sound--I hope the 2nd times the charm for you.

Hope the party was all that-looks like it could be really fun.

r.d. said...

Kelly, zoe,and afunt- now you guys are coming up as anonymous, after I switched. Sucks-

Thanks mag, will do-

Thanks sassy, sorry to bring up the sick parent issue. I understand-

Thanks deborah, I'm not concerned about the second one-it was just calcium deposits that they noticed so it wasn't totally cleared. It more just sucks because it's an inconvenience to go again, but I do what I have to do- You were ok, right?

Kelly said...

I'm glad that things look better for your Dad and that the mammogram issue isn't something to worry about.

I hope the Christmas party was fun.

r.d. said...

Thanks kel!

The Mad Hatter said...

Intensive care - been there done it and wore the t-shirt til it frigging fell off my body, I feel for you hunny, but Im glad dad is mending. Your in my thought and prayers :-)

Kisses XxXxXxXxXxX

Trinity2 said...

thats a big relief about your dad! Take care rd and stay out of trouble while i am away!