Friday, October 12, 2007

road trip

In about 45 minutes we have to get in the car and drive for 9 fucking hours. We're off to lame- ass Minnesota for a wedding. Everyone says "oh, pretty!" when I say Minnesota. Pretty? I say- for nine hours?! Pretty might be OK for two- not nine. Anyway, we drive up, go to the "grooms dinner" Friday night, wedding on Saturday and drive nine hours back on Sunday. That's my weekend.
Minnesota is fine but if I hand you a map and showed you exactly where in MN we will be you'd understand why I'm not looking forward to it all that much. How people live in the middle of nowhere as if they're stuck back in 1970 is beyond me. It's called a no frills weekend, that's for sure. In a way that's kind of refreshing, it was easy to choose a hotel because there was only two to choose from- Holiday or Comfort. We'll be in Willmar... if anyone knows where the hell that is.
So it's banquet tables, tradition and meat for dinner for me for the next 2 days- At least there's cable in the room so I can catch the Red Sox when we get back to the room tonight.

8 comments:

Zoe said...

I hate those kinds of weekends. I always feel like I need to take a vacation day on Monday since my whole weekend was robbed.

Enjoy your whirlwind trip.

Maria said...

Hotel sex is good. Hotel shower sex is better.

Zoe said...

Maria does raise a very valid point.

SheA said...

.....and don't forget to bring the roll of quarters for the after shower sex in the hotel vibrating bed.......

SheA said...

ps...Go Red Sawx!!

Kelly said...

Good luck this weekend, R.D. At least the Sox gave you a good gane to watch last night. Here's to another win tonight.

Maggie said...

Good luck with the drive.

SassyFemme said...

Well, on the good side at least the drive gives you some time together without all of life's craziness to distract you (er, not counting traffic).