Thursday, November 29, 2007

Down for the count


I got hit with a 'cold'. It's funny because I work with a lot of people who are constantly sick and our environment is like a friggin' petrie dish, all hot and moist and disgusting. There's little air, a lot of dust and mold and a lot of people spreading their germs around. I'm usually able to fend off any potential threat by washing my hands constantly, walking in the opposite direction when someone sneezes, and I drink plenty of water but for some reason my defenses decided to take a baby time out. Bottom line here is I rarely get sick, actually I think the last time I got sick was exactly one year ago -that's weird. Anyway a couple of months ago I managed to avoid getting sick even when C.love was blowing and sneezing and coughing and dripping all over the place- I'm not surprised I got hit this time around, I mean I've been feeling like I need a break so I probably just allowed myself to give in. Maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow too, who knows.

Today all I did was get the cats nails trimmed, get my own hair trimmed, watch the food network, eat a grilled cheese sandwich and thought about things I would put on my 'wish list', just as t2 did. I was also trying to catch up on some blogs, since I've pretty much disengaged myself from the whole blogging process lately. I just haven't had the desire to hear about anyone elses life, or indulge their narcissistic tendencies; after all isn't that really why we all fucking blog? I've focused on a couple of things over the past month or so about blogging that have turned me off (or in the case of #1-on:

1. I'm strangely drawn to someones blog if I find out from a photo they are damn good-looking

2. I immediately get off someones blog when the post goes on and on and on and on... Sometimes I'll just scroll down to the last sentence to find out what the hell they're talking about.

3. I'm rarely interested in reading about a straight woman's world- it's usually boring as hell

4. I love when people comment back to every comment left on their post. It's like saying "thank you"

5. (this one I've hated from the beginning) When people write a post, ask questions and then don't respond to any answers- they just move on to another post.

6. I miss my creativity- I seem to have lost it in the wind over the years

So as far as my so called wish list goes for this year I've realized Amazon doesn't actually sell everything under the sun- go figure. I mean you can't but jeep wranglers there, or real estate or puppies or huge kitchens with wood burning fireplaces or more intuition or olive oil- know what I'm saying? I want an unlimited supply of wine, beer and olive oil for Christmas and I'm thinking they don't have that at amazon.com. I want cash to buy whatever the hell I want and I want to know where I'm going to be living in a year from now. I want to perfect my cooking skills, hook up with someone else and cook like crazy for other people and I want my own beach house to kick back in.

I actually like being home sick, I can just sit and think-without pressure. Random thoughts float in and float out. C.Love just walked in with the mail and I got something I wanted and have been waiting for, my t-shirt from Cisco Brewers-they rock. I'll take some of their beer for Christmas, or how about a weekend trip over there to drink it on the premises, now that would be a good gift...

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope you feel better soon, R.D. You probably did just need a little time off.

I've been disengaged from blogging too. Part of it is due to boredom and the other part is from working on a non-blogging writing project (of which I've been procrastinating the last week or so).

Hang in there and why not stay home another day tomorrow? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hope you feel better, too! Cool beer site btw - I was bummed bc the t-shirt I wanted was sold out!

r.d. said...

HEY KEL,
I called in sick again, yipee!! What's your writing project all about?-

Thanks t2, the shirt I got was the Bailey tee. My old 'classic' one got tossed in the dryer once and now it looks like it's made for a baby. I love that Island-

afuntanilla said...

Hope u r better, girl. Grilled cheese sounds good on a sick day! :)

SassyFemme said...

Grilled cheese is the perfect stay home sick food!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kelly said...

I'm glad you called in sick, R.D., and I hope you're feeling better.

The writing project is a screenplay. It's the first attempt in about 14 years.

r.d. said...

afunt, sassy and kelly-

Thanks but it's back to work on Monday-boo hoo. Yes, the grilled cheese definately hits the spot when you're stuck on the couch. Good luck with that screenplay kel! I admire your perseverance-

SheA said...

r.d. being from Wisconsin you know I am down with the grilled cheese. DeeLISH, hope you're feeling better....