Thursday, January 10, 2008

Januray woes


Just a few random thoughts and observances I've noticed since the beginning of January

1. Women are never going to rule the world if lesbians can't get off the couch
2. The week after New Years has to be the worst week in the year
3. How can people think that 63 degrees in January in Chicago has absolutely nothing to with Global Warming
4. I wonder what would happen if i pods only came in only one color
5. How can someone who looks so gay claim they are straight?
6. Jeans with cuffs that are 6-8 inches on a suburban preppy woman with horrible shoes? That's high fashion?
7. Why isn't the Super Nanny all over that (Britany) Spears family?
8. Diet, exercise and New Years resolutions- don't bother.
9. Why the fuck aren't tampons free for women.
10. Why will some lesbians only choose to "go out" once a year to watch the factitious women of The L Word when they could have a cocktail and conversation with some 'real' ones the other 364 days. Again, that brings me back to #1... and I don't want to hear that you are "an old married couple", "a homebody", "just not looking" or "too tired". If you're dead that's ok but again... refer to #1 and get your ass out there.

I hope February is brighter-

8 comments:

Maria said...

Getting off the couch in Nebraska can be very tricky.

But, as Emily D said, "no coward's soul is mine..."

And I always loved Gloria Steinem's comment that if men had periods, tampons would be federally funded.

Zoe said...

My ass is off the couch quite a bit, hanging with our geeky frineds, playing hockey, going to hockey games, roller derby, concerts...There just isn't a good "scene" I want to be involved in in our town. Now if we lived in Indy or Chicago, or some other big city, well that would be a different story.

Anonymous said...

1. I agree with you!
2. I also agree with you - in fact, next year I am skipping the whole christmas/new years thing and going to costa rica and lay on the beach for two weeks - want to come?
3. I have no idea - it was almost 70 here last week
4. I think all the teenie boppers that get them in pink would faint! But, I must say it's ok to get them in pink if it supports Susan Komen.
5. I don't think they have figured themselves out just yet
6. Yeah, I don't get it, either
7. Don't have an answer for that one, either!
8. I hear ya but I am still trying
9. I KNOW!
10. I fortunately wasn't sucked into that one this year. I want to add another question - why do all the gay bars down here suck?
Nice post! I am looking forward to Feb., too!

afuntanilla said...

Great list! I have to say I did get my ass out of my house and go to a lesbian salsa lesson. It was very fun! Had a terrific time!

r.d. said...

maria,
I'm thinking if I lived in Nebraska I'd be a hermit too. I feel badly for you, are there any lesbian bars out there at all?

What's the deal out there zoe? Is there any gay scene around where you live? I'm sure there's a place for the gay boys, right? Oh and I am well aware that your ass is out there, it just should be around the ladies more often than not-that's all.

Hey t2, Costa Rica? maybe there's a cool lesbian bar out there... who knows? I can't tell you why all the bars out in Atlanta suck, all I can tell you is that I'm not surprised. It's a sad scene out here.

Excellent Afunt! goog job doing the salsa thing, I'm glad you had some fun! Any hot chicks?

Zoe said...

There is a scene I guess, if you call one hole in the wall bar a scene. It's not the type of scene we're be into. Most people travel to Indy (about an hour away)to go to bars. We haven't found a group of lesbians who with click with, or the ones who we have, always move away. And besides, I'd rather spend my time with my friends than at a bar full of strangers.

afuntanilla said...

r.d -- no, not any hot chicks, unfortunately. but, it was still fun.

r.d. said...

I hear you zoe. I'm just sorry for your guy's sake that there isn't more of a fun/decent scene closer to you- you deserve it.

I'm glad you had fun afunt, hot chicks or not!