Thursday, January 31, 2008

winter storm warning #56


Ok, I know I am obsessed with the weather and can't stop complaining about this winter; it's been pretty rough here in Chicago so far with the fridgid temps and pesky snowstorms but this is fucking rediculous! I really wanted to go out tonight. I actually have cabin fever for the first time in my life and was looking forward to tonight- that's a huge deal, believe me. We had plans to head to a cool restaurant for cocktails with awesome food to meet up with a bunch of women (lesbos) for a professional networking thing. I rarely want to go out let alone socialize with a bunch of strangers but lately that's kind of all I want to do-it's strange. I'm all over the events with free apps, especially if they're good ones! Fuck, this sucks.

A couple of weeks ago we were invited to a cocktail party with free appetizers and FREE WINE, (that's right folks I said FREE WINE -for two solid hrs) at a new restaurant. We were at dinner there the week prior and we were approached by the marketing woman. She took our e-mails and said they had some private events coming up if we wanted to go. Hell yea! count me in for sure. That particular night was the bomb, with excellent food and endless bottles of wine from 7-9. My glass was never 1/2 empty and to make the evening even better, the woman walking around with the bottles (one in each hand) were hot- thank god the restaurant chose the good-looking ladies to work the room. Smart. One of them looked like Lindsay Lohan, back when the woman looked good. Anyway, that night it was also snowing and we almost backed out. Thank god we didn't...

It completely sucks when it snows but lately it's been snowing on every night we have plans! Most of the time we clear off the car and go but I always feel like I can't drink as much (if at all) and it's nerve racking getting home. Tonight we planned on going out up until the very last moment. Since I was driving and we had to pick up two other people and it had been snowing since 10 am and not expected to stop until tomorrow, I made the executive decision to not go. I'm glad we're not going, now we can watch Lost and drink where we are safe. It still sucks though and to make myself feel better I will continue to complain. It's an excellent subject to complain about. I'm off to get some vino. Cheers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the snowing business! Remember I used to live in Indiana and totally can simpathize. Good thing you stayed in anyway but hey why not take a cab sometime when you get free wine and apps? I've started doing this and feel SO MUCH more relaxed not having to worry about driving.

Maria said...

So, what did you think of LOST? I was sort of disappointed. I mean, you wait and wait and it builds up and then once again, you are left with more questions than answers...

afuntanilla said...

Sorry its been miserable. Hopefully, it was end soon!

SassyFemme said...

I would gladly trade our rain for your snow!

Staying home when it's bad is a smart move. Neither one of us like to drive during a snow storm if we can help it.

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. I am so sick of this weather too, though February is fairing a little better than January.

I've always been reluctant to do lesbian social networking. I'm eager to see how it goes for you. :)

Take care.