Saturday, March 11, 2006

FUCK!!!!!!!


It’s five hours before the people start pouring in and my partner just called me and said, “We have a slight problem”. So being my calm self I say, “O.k., what’s wrong?”…

To make a long story short because the last thing I should be doing is blogging when I have 50 plus people coming over in four hours. I still have to go get ice and make the champagne punch, but this feels more important right now. We decided to throw a party to celebrate my partners birthday and finishing her certification process in Life Coaching. The party was originally going to be an invitation only gathering with some close friends and colleagues, but since we work with a bunch of young people it has turned into a bash with pretty much everyone at our work place and a few outside friends. We decided to send out “evites” to make it a little more formal and fun for us which turned into an obsession on my part by checking morning and all night to see who had responded, but that’s another story. We only sent invitations to a handful of people we actually work with; myself on Monday-Friday and my partner Tuesdays and Saturdays. The ages range from 18-60 but at times you’d swear everyone was still in junior high by their actions. The problem came up when one of the 18 year olds randomly asked another co-worker if they were going to our party and the random person responded with…I wasn’t invited. FUCK!!! This is why you should never befriend an 18 year old unless you’re …18. We’re like fucking movie stars at that place, but it sucks because we’re really not- we’re just gay. Apparently people like to be around gay people when it's convienent for them…go figure. I’m going to sound all high and mighty but it’s just to exaggerate my point. We can never have any type of gathering with any one from work without everyone else feeling left out, what the hell. I can’t stand it when other people’s insecurity gets in my way. We are both very well liked, my partner because of her sincerity, warmth, sense of humor, and innate ability to make people feel comfortable; and me because of my aloofness, calmness and kindness. Plus I tend to give off a sense of strength and mystery which everyone seems to be attracted to in one way or another. If people are not invited they immediately jump to a “not liking” thing and it’s just not true.

So now word is out that the friendly lesbians are having a party and some people are invited and others are not and feelings are being hurt. My partner can’t stand it when others feel hurt and I can’t stand it when others are hurt and angry at me when I didn’t do anything wrong. We have a right to only invite certain people, don’t we? It’s not an open house; it’s a birthday party… Fuck this sucks. I just wanted to have a fun party with my piggies in their blankets, hot wings and beer. Now it’s a fucking huge deal with everyone acting like two year olds. I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings, but I can’t worry about that right now. That’s their issue, right?

Three hours later... it's only like one hour away. It's strange because it's so quiet in here: the music is set but not on, kitty is sleeping, partner is not home yet...hmm... , I still need ice and I still have to make that punch. I'm getting kind of nervous, what the hell. We've had huge parties many times before. Maybe I'm anticipating something? Who knows, all I do know is that within two hours this place will be totally different. If anyone spills anything... I think I need a beer. Good luck to me.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

The feeling of things getting out of your control is horrible. I hope that by now the party is going well, and all your fears and discomfort have lessened.

Happy Birthday and congratulations to your partner. Hang in there!

The Mad Hatter said...

First of all, happy birthday to R.D's other half and well done.

Its your party hun, so you invite who the hell you want. I hate when people push their way in.

By the way, where's my invitation ;-)

Lots of hugs sweetie XxX

Zoe said...

This is why I hate having parties. Don't feel bad. Just because you want to have a small party doesn't mean you have to throw a big bash for everyone you know.
Happy birthday and Congrats to your partner.

r.d. said...

Thanks guys, the party was a huge success! More later..