Saturday, July 01, 2006

convenience is everything


Random statements and thoughts on the way to, during and after dinner on Friday night.

me: What's for dinner?
C.Love: I thought we'd go out for dinner (Friday is usually take out)
me thinking to myself: shit, I just went for a run, I'm kind of sweaty and my bandana has just wrecked my hair.
C.Love reads my mind and says "you can keep your bandana on if you want".

Work sucked but I left at 3 p.m, came home and went for a run (or a jog according to afuntanilla)
Since we decided to only go to Siam Pasta which is a couple of blocks away; we were going to walk there and eat outside, I figured it would be ok if I just changed my clothes and washed up a bit. (gross I know but it was a short run and I didn't smell. The bandana came off though.

C.Love: It's too early to go to dinner
me: you're right, let's just relax and have some cocktails!
C.Love: let's open the champagne (it's been in the fridge for way too long)
me: really? are you sure? (she didn't want to the other night, saving it for the right time)
C.Love: I listened to your summer cd today...
me: what!! that's not ready for public use!
C.Love: public use?
me: well I just... I need to change some things, I'm not completly satisfied... well, what do you think? (waiting patiently)
C.Love: well, I don't like the first song or the last, but it's good, it's very good. (ahh, that hurts)
me: I know, I don't like that last tune so much either but it works and I didn't even honestly think it would fit
C.Love: no, it's a great song and it's perfect, I just never loved it all that much.

Making mixed cd's takes me forever especially if it's a specialized one like this summer one. I'm never satisfied, but this year's is pretty good. I like it allright. I'll post the playlist another day.

C.Love: let's put in on now
me: ok!

C.Love: Now that woman is wearing a WHAT TO WEAR outfit!- nice.
me: I noticed, but only responded with a "yup" but was thinking that she looked good. She had a tight sleeveless black shirt on, brownish type fancy pants with a large flare and good sandals
C.Love: Today I saw someone with 'fancy' capris on, she had a good look: the right shoes and a crisp white shirt.
me: (laughing at 'fancy capris') Yah, capris are ok in certain situations. Somtimes they work, but most people abuse the look.

me: so trinity2 wrote another top ten post...
C.Love: wow, she's on a roll with those
me: I know, I love it. It's weird how we think the same things
C.Love: like what?, what did she say?
me: well, like one of the things that bugs her is when people eat like they're an animal; all hunched over their plate, not sitting up, taking a breath or acting normal-like that guy over there. You know, they shovel it in as if they haven't eaten in days...
me: why are there so many strange people around-

We regularly discuss the blogging world. C. Love likes to be informed to what's going on with everyone, and I like talking about it. It cracks me up, makes me feel good and is interesting.

me: that guy over there is an abuser
C.Love: what are you talking about!?
me: he hasn't stoped talking since he sat down and he won't let that woman speak- plus he's ordering her whole meal for her.

I can't stand it when the guy takes total control and speaks for his date or whatever she is. It's strange when someone orders for someone else... unless they have laryngtis. This couple was odd anyway; something just told me he was some kind of an abuser.

me: I wonder if this place realizes they have one of the best outdoor eating ares in town.
C. Love: I don't know,but the tables are too close together. I'm glad we moved our seats.
me: I know, I hate that but it's off the street and up high. It feels like we're in a treehouse. It's cool.
C.Love: you're a good date
me: what? why, what are you takin about...
C.Love: you're funny, attractive and easy, just a good date! (saying it like she's just met me)
me: (embarrassed) thanks... you're not so bad yourself. I like looking at you...

C.Love: those punks got out of that van
me: vans are never good news (chuckle to myself at what I just said)
vans are never good news? what is that-

me: they need an ice cream joint around here.
C. Love: we have some at home
me: I know, I'm just saying...

C.Love: that was a fun night: good food, it was cheap and convenient.
me: yeah, convenient, I'm all over that. Love convenience.
C. Love: I know... (sometimes it's an issue for us)

C. Love: how many beers did you have tonight?
me: what? I only had one- at dinner. Two glasses of champage and one beer-why?

That's the last thing I remember saying, then I was out like a light.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You know, conversations like this are what I really miss about being in a relationship. You made me smile, R.D., and gave me hope that I'll have those conversations again.

Here's to you and C. Love and a lifetime of great conversation. :)