Thursday, September 21, 2006

the skinny on bad fashion

Unfortunately there seems to be a new fashion trend hitting the stores and streets: the skinny black pant... or should we say LEGGINGS!!(yikes). I can just picture it now; women of all shapes and sizes attempting to wiggle into these things and struggling with not only trying to find the right shoes to wear with it but hating their bodies even more so than they do because they won't look good in them. Duh, it's a Skinny Black Pant. NOBODY LOOKS GOOD IN THEM, unless your like 7 or anorexic.

Come on 'GAP' we don't need this crap. I'm just witing for the day I walk into Starbucks and see that exact outfit on someone in line- hat and all- shit.

Happy fall everyone, enjoy the scenery. (from behind maybe)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I see these ads at the train station every day and they irritate me so much. Not only because I think the look is hideous in general but because of how emaciated the models look. As I wait for the train and look at the models, I see pencil legs and iron board bodies. there are no curves, there are no toned muscles.

The look of a prepubescent boy doesn't do it for me, okay? Then there's the whole topic of girls and women trying to emulate this look and body type.

Like you said the only people who can pull this look off are 7 or anorexic. Yikes!

Trinity2 said...

Goddess! They'll all be walking Michael Jackson clones!! I agree - it's hideous!

The Snarkess said...

Sorry, this is ALL OVER the Rainy City and I just can't stand it! My rule is, if I wore it before a graduation of any kind...it's never rearing its head in my closet again. The first time around was bad enough.

All this makes me think of is the never-ending shame of the stirrup pant. Why on earth does everyone these days want to take their dressing cues from Peggy Bundy?

I know some fashionistas can pull it off, and I'm happy for them. I'll take a grilled cheese sandwich over the ability to look like Michael Jackson any day ~lol~

SassyFemme said...

I've been seeing them worn under short denim skirts, with ballet type flats, and they're looking very cute. Of course this is also on middle school and high school girls.

Bent Fabric said...

They look like something Baryshnikov would wear.

Rissamama3 said...

I can't stand the TV commercial it freaks me out and I change the channel every time!

Sassy ~ my daughter has a denim skirt with the leggings attached underneath and she looks adorable of course she is 11 and the size of an 8 year old so it works for her!!

r.d. said...

Exactly, glad you all agree.

Maggie said...

Audrey Hepburn was about the only one that could pull that look off. My oldest (age 7) says, "These make me look like a stork."
'Nuff said.