Friday, April 27, 2007

early to bed

Going here tonight for a fundraiser for this group. It always feels a little odd when there's a relatively organized soiree at a sex toy shop because the atmosphere at such a place is anything but cocktail like. There will be wine and cheese served, but as far as keeping the conversation generic? that's like saying you're going to walk into a florist and not smell anything, it just doesn't happen. Interesting how a bunch of strangers can go from ground zero to seventh heaven in seconds flat but that's the deal. Personally, I have an issue with talking about something as intimate as sex with someone I have no connection to what so ever. But on the other hand... talking about something so detailed as which toy you prefer and why, with someone I'm attracted to is a whole other ball game. I'm an exceptional listener.

Sex (the actual act) is such a murky subject- some people are freaks about it, so many people have issues about it, some people are prudes about it, some people use it as a tool, others use it as a language, some people could care less about it and some people jut plain fucking enjoy it-in a nice, desirable way. I only care to talk about it, do it, listen to it and watch it when there's no creepiness going on in it. You know, weird, creepy bizarro stuff-it's fucking freaky. There's a fine line between sexy and 'all about sex'.

Anyway, tonight should fun, I know there will be enough to drink because we are in charge of picking up the supply of wine. As far as the other stuff goes, like I said "I'm an excellent listener". Sex, wine, women and cheese- sounds like a perfect evening to me.

THE AFTERNOON AFTER: Excellent night. Lots of wine, cheese, women and fun conversation... just as I had hoped. Topics that came up were peeing while standing, the Gay Pride Parade and being in it this year instead of watching it, vibrators being too loud, my body, Amy Ray, and how delicious the cheese was. It was a pretty normal night considering the scenery- penises as far as the eye could see...

12 comments:

het (aka quickfit) said...

well I think copius ammounts over wine will loosen may a tongue...

enjoy and have fun

ciao4now

Kelly said...

Have a great time, R.D. It should be interesting at the very least.

Middle Girl said...

sounds like a blast!

hope it was.

Maria said...

I think I am one of those tight ass people in the world. I don't even own a vibrator. The one time Bing brought home a "toy", we both started laughing and the mood was pretty much shot to hell....

I think for me...if I could find something that didn't make a bzzzing sound...I'd be okay. I just don't want to feel like the Thanksgiving turkey waiting to be carved up with the electric knife.

Plus, I am just totally ignorant about sex toys, to be honest.

But, I AM an excellent drinker. I could participate happily in that....

r.d. said...

Oh, many loose tongues last night het, it was great!

And it was kel, very fun- thanks.

It was only daughter for many different reasons.

Hey maria, just because you don't own a vibrator doesn't make you a tight ass, other things may though. It's funny that 'the sound' came up in conversation last night, so I guess you're not alone. Personally, I'm too creative and or happy with the way things are in that department to need the toys in general but throwing them into the mix every once in a while is fun- especially when there's wine involved, know what I mean?

SassyFemme said...

I can joke about sex things online, but I could never have had any kind of a conversation about vibrators face to face with a total stranger, or anyone who wasn't a VERY close friend, or my wife.

Zoe said...

Is there a better combination for an evening of fun than alcohol and sex toys. I think not.

SheA said...

Thisis great- between you and zoe and your latest blog entries, well, let's just say....Oh YeaHhhhh!

r.d. said...

Oh I'm thinking you could sassyfemme- if it was the right person... I have a feeling it's in you somewhere.

No zoe, there isn't. It was definately your kind of night.

Shea- hope you got more enjoyment out of it than just reading it- if you know what I mean...

SheA said...

*ahem*.....YEP I sure do !!!!!!!!

The Mad Hatter said...

As a lady lover I've never used vibrators or any sort of sex toy ... am I normal ... cos it sems not ... o, but does using handcuffs count ... cos I have 2 sets ... and I can proudly say they do get LOTS of use in our play time ;-)

Have a great time sweets ;-)

Kisses xXxXxXxXx

r.d. said...

Thanks for that shea...

Hey mad hatter, first off you are very normal. (well, you're the one with the handcuffs) Just think stimulation here... hands on-not in (cuffs), you know?