Monday, April 02, 2007

here we go...


I don't care if you're a baseball fan or not. Whether you are a Red Sox fan, a Cubs fan, a Giants fan, a Braves fan, a Yankees fan, a White Sox fan or a Dodgers fan; the next 6-7 months are the best months of the year. Baseball not only signifies the kickoff to summer, but more importantly it's a time period loaded with the little stuff that feels huge. It's hot and steamy night games under the lights, the sound of the game on the radio on a Saturday afternoon, whiffle ball in the back yard, little league, big dreams, the simplicity of peanuts and popcorn, a fast ball, the home run, the grand slam, the feeling of home field advantage, the indescribable energy of Fenway Park, the last out, summer vacation, staying in because the game's on, tradition and faith.

So here's to Baseball season 2007. May those of you who enjoy the game, have fun and for those of you who could care less... well, good luck, it's a long season ahead of us. Cheers!

11 comments:

SheA said...

Great Minds think alike.........Too Funny!!!

Middle Girl said...

Not a mondo fan, but do enjoy the game and I agree, the next 7 months are indeed among my favorite for a number of reasons.

Happy Spring, Summer and Fall!

SassyFemme said...

Not a big fan, but soooo many memories of growing up going to Fenway Park! I plan to take Fran at least once this season.

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing this, R.D. The start of baseball season fills me with such joy mainly because I have such wonderful memories of my Dad and baseball. I'm so grateful that he passed along his love and knowledge of the game to me. He was on my mind a lot today.

r.d. said...

You got that right shea!

Excellent, enjoy the seasons only daughter... and maybe the game.

Yeah, growing up at Fenway! that's what I'm talking about! I hope Fran enjoys it when you go.

Hey kel,
I hope you had some wonderful thoughts yesterday. Enjoy the season.

Zoe said...

We were just starting to plan a few trips to see the Indianapolis Indians, a triple A team of the Pirates, this summer. I love going to ball games. Nothing like sitting outside eating the best hot dogs ever, the energy of the crowd, waitng for a foul ball to come your way, hanging out with frineds, it's good times.

Go Cubs! Go Yankees!

r.d. said...

Yankees zoe? huh? you're kidding, right?

Zoe said...

No, I'm not kidding. I grew up a Cubs fan. I used to go to my grandparents house and sit with my grandpa and watch the games when I was kid. But when I was in college, one of my cousins got drafted by the Yankees. He played triple A ball for them for about 6 years. So, I bacame a Yankees fan while he was playing for them, and it just stuck.

It's nothing personal against the Red Sox.

r.d. said...

OK, you're excused. Thanks for clearing that up, it's a touchy subject as you can see.

SheA said...

OMG I almost fell over when I read the Yankee luv from zoe, but yeah, i's cool if it's a family thing, I get that....but still..Go BoSox!!!

afuntanilla said...

giants, giants, giants.....but i can root for sox too!

yippee