Saturday, August 04, 2007

Duh

They needed a study from Washington to figure this out?! Come on now...

Updated: 6:19 p.m. CT July 31, 2007.-Lust trumps love when it comes to having sex
Study finds there aren’t many gender differences in reasons for intimacy

WASHINGTON - After exhaustively compiling a list of the 237 reasons why people have sex, researchers found that young men and women get intimate for mostly the same motivations.
It’s more about lust in the body than a love connection in the heart.
College-aged men and women agree on their top reasons for having sex — they were attracted to the person, they wanted to experience physical pleasure and “it feels good,” according to a peer-reviewed study in the August edition of Archives of Sexual Behavior. Twenty of the top 25 reasons given for having sex were the same for men and women.
Men's top 10 reasons:
1. I was attracted to the person.
2. It feels good.
3. I wanted to experience physical pleasure.
4. It’s fun.
5. I wanted to show my affection to the person.
6. I was sexually aroused and wanted the release.
7. I was “horny.”
8. I wanted to express my love for the person.
9. I wanted to achieve an orgasm.
10. I wanted to please my partner.

Women's top 10 reasons:
1. I was attracted to the person.
2. I wanted to experience physical pleasure.
3. It feels good.
4. I wanted to show my affection to the person.
5. I wanted to express my love for the person.
6. I was sexually aroused and wanted the release.
7. I was “horny.”
8. It’s fun.
9. I realized I was in love.
10. I was “in the heat of the moment.”

Bottom line? it's all about the senses baby. Just get those juices flowing- whatever it takes.


7 comments:

Maria said...

Wow. All that time and energy for something we all knew about already. We have sex because we want to and it feels good. Doesn't get much more simple than that.

Of course, my MOTHER would have said that she only had sex to do her wifely duty and to produce children to be little soldiers for god.

But, I think she was probably in the minority.

Zoe said...

Well no shit. And aren't more than half of the top 10 reasons really all the same reason?

What would be a more interesting study would be to compair it to couples vs singles, and those in different age catagories and also by longevity of relationship and those with children vs those without. It would still be a no duh study, but it least it would be more interesting than surveying horny college students. And really didn't Kinsey already cover this?

Rissamama3 said...

derrrr.... Love and sex are not related I lust after my husband but what gives us longevity is that not only do I lust for him but I love him mind body and soul

I also want to let you know the puppy thing was more out of frustration and looking for some analogy I should have gone for a virtual pet!

r.d. said...

No maria it sure doesn't... your mother's thoughts scare me though-

That's what I'm saying zoe. Categories aside, you and I both know it comes down to one thing and one thing only, but yes the idiotic survey could have been way more interesting. Please tell me what else is on a college kids mind other than sex, drugs, rock and roll, food and tv... except maybe their future. Studies like this scare me too- Why are they even doing a study on this?!! (I'm lost)

Betty, I hear you on the puppy thing- I get sensitive around that issue, sorry. As much as love and sex may be seperate, I will say (and I know all will agree) that the sex is a hell of a lot different(better) with love attached. It's all fluid you know?
Cheers-

Zoe said...

I don't think anything else is on college students minds. And for me, not much has changed. It's still sex, drugs and rock & roll. But I think I keep those at the forefront because I'd be otherwise consumed by paying the mortgage, and making the car payment, and all the things I have to do around the house, and what is purpose of our extistance, damn I fucking hate my job but I don't know what I'd rather do that wouldn't involve going back to school to get another degree...You know what I mean? Happy go lucky on the outside, neurotic mess on the inside.

r.d. said...

I know what you mean z- nothing like sex, drugs and rock and roll to take your mind off of the mundane existance of everyday life. Speaking of which, it's time...

SassyFemme said...

Someone got paid to conduct this study?!?!

I'd really like to see this done with long term couples.