Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Just Four More Days

until I am am able to: breath a little easier, lick salt water off my lips, eat ice cream like I'm 5, endulge in seafood dinners, stroll the beach as if it went on forever, receive endless unconditional love, play with little kids and listen to the laughter coming straight from their bellies, sleep like a baby, watch Red Sox games with ease, be on "East coast" time, sleep on the same street that my parents met and enjoy a beer where they had their second date, leave the boots behind, awaken to the sound of my mom emptying the dishwasher while the coffee is "percolating", watch my dad fall asleep in the chair, listen to my sister talk...and talk...and talk..., smell unbelievable wildflowers everywhere I go, not worry about what's for dinner, drive a rental car, listen to my dad talk politics and cringe at every word, hold the hand of my girlfriend in public and feel normal (Provincetown), bask in sunlight and moon light, look up at the stars, sit on the porch first thing in the morning and last thing at night, build a sandcastle, take an outdoor shower, feel content, read magazines from the 1980's, see pictures of myself, my brother and my sister when we were little... and understand, sleep under the same roof as my parents- again, offer to go to the grocery store willingly, throw seaweed at my nephew, breath fresh air, give attention to a golden retriever, go to bed early, realize just how simple and silly reality television actually is, feel a million miles away from the real world, listen to the sounds of the waves as I drift off to sleep, get back to feeling what's important in life, be in the one space that feels completely good, walk to the beach with my mom, laugh, get inspired to do anything more than what I'm doing, be barefoot most of the day, wish I could stay where I am forever. In four more days I get to vacation on Cape Cod- the best place in my world.

No comments: