Saturday, July 18, 2009

I wonder ...

If Facebook will ever fade.

If there will ever be a lesbian who opens a women's only bar and the place is busy every night... with lesbians.

If Direct TV will ever figure out how to do the job with less wire.

When these sunglasses will become a thing of the past. And I hope it's soon.

If people that are scrambling to buy Michael Jackson paraphernalia/Cd's ever listened and enjoyed his music when he was alive.

If customer service will ever be important to utility companies.

When people will realize they should never wear these unless they are a little baby. And never wear jeans that look like these ever.
Why the Barefoot Contessa has so many gay men on her show.

If she's ever going to post on this blog again.

Why it really never rains in Southern California and why the hell aren't there any homemade ice cream parlors in this city.

When my girlfriend will come home and what we're going to do for dinner.

7 comments:

Zoe said...

Facebook will eventually fade, but it wont' be any time soon. I don't believe a lesbian bar would ever be busy every night. Don't get me started on DirectTV; why the hell do I still need a phone line to download my program guide for crying out loud? Those sunglasses can't go out of style fast enough for my taste, but then again I never understood the whole Ug boots craze either...
It's nice to see that you're back to posting. Now I don't have to wonder about whether you'll ever blog again.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on facebook in weeks and I'm unemployed! I can't believe there's no homemade icecream places out there - I thought California had everything....

r.d. said...

Hey zoe, nice to see you again too and no- wonder no more... The only thing I'll say about the Ugg boots is that it's damn toasty in there! (not that I ever owned any)

No, California does not have everything t2, but it's only Santa Monica that doesn't have the ice cream, we have to go into LA to get some homemade stuff.

Anonymous said...

I don't see FB fading, it has caught on with multi-generations and across economic and ethnic platforms. That's what will keep it a winner.

I don't know about the bar, but I'd just like a nice coffeehouse/bookstore/sandwich shop that's all lesbian.

afuntanilla said...

Very funny....

Also, its a flippin trajedy there are no consistently cool, hip, busy lesbian bars. Trajedy w/ capital T

r.d. said...

Sassyfemme,
I tend to think facebook won't fade anytime soon too and if it actually will at all. Maybe it'll just loose some steam along the way, who knows.

And if we don't have any places of our own at this point I can't see one coming up, at least in the very near future. There was a lesbian bar out here in West Hollywood that had been around for 16 yeras and it's closing its doors at the end of the month... sad, sad.

r.d. said...

Hey afunt,trendy is right, but it's way wrong.