Monday, February 01, 2010

still hanging...

I know I've totally ignored this blog of mine and I honestly don't intend to jump right back into it anywhere near where I used to be, but I just had to get Giada off the top...

The last few months have been kind of a blur for me: In October I finally started the job I got in May only to suddenly loose it in November. December was spent back on the beach with warm temps, sunny skies and high hopes. I visited far away family and long lost friends and celebrated that the year was over. January brought new ideas, new friends, hopeful prospects, cooler temps and rain- lots and lots of rain.

February is still young but my visions remain strong even though some of my hopes somewhat banished. My bank account is depleted, my hair is much longer and as of yesterday my wine cabinet is now empty...

I'll be one year older in two more weeks and probably 1lb heavier in 20 more days. (planning a huge wine and cheese party to get that wine cabinet filled up again)

Southern California living has totally brought me to other levels- I'm more relaxed than I've ever been and I'm unemployed; I'm feeling stronger than I ever have and I haven't been running in quite some time; I've been more creative visually than I even knew I could be and I've stopped blogging; and I've learned how to connect with my spiritual and intuitive side a whole lot quicker and I feel strangely connected to those homeless folks living on the beach- I get it.

The views still amaze me, the weather still warms me while the sun feeds me and the air still quiets my mind. Living without a net is really hard... but unbelievably beautiful (the view is from Giada's bedroom) and I'm looking forward to March when my wine cabinet is full again. Hope you all are well-

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to read what's going on in your life! I can relate to some of what you are feeling. Cheers!
PS: Yes, a wine and cheese party is good to restock wine but only when you don't have friends who bring one bottle and drink two!

r.d. said...

Hey t2! I hear you about the wine but I figure I'll get a couple extra bottles out of the deal! I'll stop by and see what's going on over there..