Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What not to wear

I had a day off today, Tuesday. Strange because I typically work the 8-5 Monday through Friday gig with Saturday and Sunday being my days to play. Having to do with details I will not bore you with, I need to head into work for a couple of hours on Sunday; hence the day off today. Anyway, my plan was to head out running, but it's really windy today and I'm not in the mood to fight it so I landed on the couch with the laptop. Since I just started this blog on "being a lesbian in Chicago" I thought I would try to look up some similar blogs and I came across this one that seemed somewhat normal, although I've only read the lastest post.

In in she mentions that the "L Word" is fantasy. I get that, but I don't understand it. Ever since this damn show came on the air, I've been driving myself crazy with the notion that the look of the show is not so far fetched. I know it's not reality t.v, most of the actresses are straight and the story line is traditionally lame, but the beauty of the show is intense! First of all, the fact that these women are hot, sexy and feminime and also lesbians is so refreshing. I'm so tired of being in the community in a sea filled with bad hair, no style and out-dated clothing. Is it because I live in the fucking Mid-West that the lesbians look so traditionally-lesbian? When I lived in Boston I was too young to realize there was anything actually called a gay community, but I know the other city on the East coast has it going on. Those New York lesbos know how to dress. I know that the feminine, sexy, hot lesbians are around because I have met some, but they are so few and far between that something feels a little off balance.

So my question to the lesbian in Los Angeles is what's the scene like out there? It's got to be better than Chicago, for starters I know there are more places in LA for us to hang out. Chicago has but one lousy lesbian bar. I can't stand it.

No comments: