Monday, April 10, 2006

Random Monday Thoughts

I was just going through the photos on my phone and I noticed I have about six of the women above, Mia Hamm. I also have two of Amy Ray, but that's another story. Last October we were invited to a luncheon given in honor of Mia. She received some kind of award that day; gave a speech, signed some autographs and met some fans. C. Love has always been kind of obsessed with Mia, the way she looks and the way she handles the soccer ball so getting the chance to meet her face to face, up close and personal was a little overwhelming to say the least.

I was thinking about how so many people have these fantasies and stuff about people in the news, or on T.V. and I don't think I ever have. It kind of makes me sad, like I've been deprived or something. I remember saying to C. Love that day that Mia looked hot, I mean she looked really hot... and I don't say that about too many people. The picture doesn't really show that, except you can kind of get an idea of how "fitting" her clothes were, and belive me the pants were even better. Mia has never gotten any awards for the most stylish of athletes, but that day at the luncheon sure made up for all of her past so- so appearances. I've always thought Mia was attractive, but not sexy-until last October.

Then I was thinking about what's sexy to one person isn't necessarily sexy to another, and then I was thinking about recieving a Victoria's Secret package for C. Love at work today and how everyone gave me a jokingly hard time; like it was sexy lingerie or some shit. Then I was thinking how sexy lingerie doesn't do it for me... then I was thinking, what does? I may be in the minority here but I'd rather see someone with their clothes (as long as they're not old gray sweats) on, rather than see them nude. Lace and skin? no thanks. Where the hell am I going with this. I don't know, all this Fed Ex talk is getting to me because I've never even seen a hot Fed Ex chick! What's the problem?

The problem is I can't seem to wrap my brain around things that aren't real. Real as in having seen face to face; after that? forget about it, or should I say I can't forget about it. I have a hard time letting things go from my mind if they make an impact. Anyway from sexy Mia Hamm my mind went to the weather and just how nice it was out today, it was 71 degrees! Finally. I can't say enough about how I love warm weather, but on the down side to that I HATE warm weather fashion, or should I say bad fashion. Here's just a few of the things I noticed today that made me stop dead in my tracks and say to myself "what the hell are they thinkin?"

Now remember it's only 71 degrees in April- not 101 in August.
1. Women with half shirts on. Now most of the time I'm not even sure if these shirts are supposed to be half shirts or that they're just too small for the size of the mid-section.

2. Men with short shorts. No man should ever wear short shorts, running, walking or lounging short shorts, unless they are a gay man in Provincetown. (even then it's questioable)

3. Men with huge white feet and sandals. I have a hard time seeing anyone's bare feet, but especially men with weird, white, huge, toes. Are your feet sweating? why now, why today.

4. Little girls or young teens with flip flops, tank tops and underwear for shorts. Cute? No.

5. Women in pleated shorts. Again, it's not really hot outside today and even if it was pleated shorts? come on now. Get some pants on.

6. Teens with sweat pants and flip flops. Sweat pants with anything written on the ass should be taken off the market and young females wanting to show their ass, belly button and breasts off when wearing them makes me angry .

7. Little kids in pajamas- outside. What the fuck is this?! I saw 4 different children in two different places wearing their pajamas. Two kids (like 7) were at the mall and two kids (maybe 8 and 6) were RIDING THEIR BIKES on my street. Riding their bikes?! What's going on? I don't get it. They were really pajamas by the way. I'm not joking.

If anyone has any answers to any of these mind blowing scenes please enlighten me. So that was my Monday. Has anyone seen Mia Hamm lately? I know she's in LA with Nomar, but that's all I know. So many questions today, hopefully the rest of the week will be a little more settling.

21 comments:

Kelly said...

As always, lots to chew on here, R.D. No crushes on various T.V. stars of the 70s? Really? I had it bad for Jaclyn Smith. (Never fell into the Kate Jackson fascination so many lesbians seem to have had.)

I think that clothes can be sexy all on their own. Part of me likes the fun of imagining what's going on underneath rather than having everything displayed to me up front (no pun intended).

I agree with you about your bad fashion list and I don't have any answers for you except that perhaps these folks were dropped on their heads as children or raised by a pack of wild jackals. (That may be insulting to jackals.) All of your examples are equally unappealing and sometimes flat-out horrifying. Here are some additions that just popped into my head:

1. Women who wear curlers in public.
2. Women who wear "housecoats" or "mumus" in public.
3. People who wear socks with sandals.
4. People who go to work with wet hair.
5. Guys who still wear the baggy ass pants down to their friggin' ankles.

I feel SO much better by comparison! :)

The Mad Hatter said...

Kelly why you dissing curlers in public girl, its all the go here, yeah and so is wearing your knickers over your trousers ;-)

Ok I wanna moan!
I hate this blogger sometimes, I was editing my BARBIE delivery post, and the wanker erased, now it wanted let me upload any pictures and wont publish.

Maybe its the time of the month...

Anonymous said...

So since my lady love told me she had written a post with a picture of Mia (my other lady love), I just had to read it.

I remember someone once asking me what I would do if Mia finally decided she'd be my girlfriend (which by the way could still happen people). They were concerned about what would happen with r.d. and I said "oh, she wouldn't go anywhere, we'd just all have to live together" - and from the sounds of her reaction to Mia that day, this could also be a possibility.

Luckily, my real lady love is very patient with me, and, in the end, poor Mia's really got no chance against her.

Anyway, almost spit up my lunch from laughing about the fashion rules.

Hope I don't get in trouble later for commenting - wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Love Mia Hamm!

I'm with you, lingerie doesn't do anything for me. Now a catholic school girl uniform, well that's a whole nother story. Or mayvbe a tall lanky blonde dressed like a school marm...

Yeah WTF is wrong with people, have they no shame. But, I have to admit that I do sometimes wear my thorlo hiking socks wtih my hiking sandals. I think it's kind of geeky cool.

Kelly said...

Mad Hatter,

Now that's quite a picture: a woman with a head full of curlers and knickers on over her clothes. I see it in the Fall collection for Betsey Johnson.

Zoe,

I still have my uniform from my all-girls Catholic high school. (I even have the blazer and tie!) Hmm...maybe when I ever date again, I'll have to drag it out and see if will work more magic than it ever did in high school.

C. Love,

We won't tell on you. If R.D. asks, we'll say it was your evil twin. Hell, it works on soaps, right?!

r.d. said...

Kelly, no really...no crushes. or if I did I wasn't even aware of it.
The wet hair thing? yah, maybe they just don't own a hair dryer? I have no idea!

mad hatter, are you talkin about underpants over regular pants? What's that all about?! And hey, WE WANT BARBIE BACK! As kelly pointed out, she had a nice looking package even if there wasn't anything in it...

C. Love, later...

Zoe, finally! something we can agree on- Mia,not the school girl thing. You lost me for a minute with the Indigo and Pink comment. Oh, and back to Jodie Foster, for real? Your parents... really? That's bizarro. I did like J.F. at one point in time... I guess I'd be a good one to decide this once and for all. But you can leave the socks and sandals off...

The Mad Hatter said...

Kelly, uniform? god I think I just came ;-0 Maybe thats what I should name my blog instead ;-)

Maybe I am betsy johnson's ....

R.D soz chick I forgot that what we call trousers, you call pants, hey I'm confused now, please exuse me while I have a blonde moment...

Never fear, I will bring my idiol BARBIE back ;-)

Maybe I should change my display picture to a barbie one ....

C Love, Im sure R.D will be delighted you commented darling, I know I am when my other half comments on mine.

XxX

Zoe said...

You're such a tease kelly.

Kelly said...

Mad Hatter, you made me blush. =:0

But in a good way, right Zoe?! ;)

The Mad Hatter said...

Kelly, thats not all I can do...
;-0

XxX

r.d. said...

Hey! what's going on, I know Mia is hot and all, but I didn't expect her to elicit all of this... Oh well, carry on ladies.

Kelly said...

I have no doubt, Mad Hatter.

Don't look at me, R.D. I'm totally innocent. (Sprouting halo now.) Now, our friend in London on the other hand, is quite the little devil. ;)

The Mad Hatter said...

Devil?

Me?

Kelly babe, you pushed my UNIFORM button, so now my devil horns are starting to show. Be prepared, you have unleashed a monster

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

XxX

r.d. said...

Yikes! where the hell is fairy?!

The Mad Hatter said...

I've eaten her ;-000

Zoe said...

I'll be t you have!

The Mad Hatter said...

Zoe,

I'm loving your dirty mind ;-)

SassyFemme said...

I never really paid much attention to Mia before, but from what I can see in the pic. she looks like she has a good bod.

Ditto to everything on your fashion list, especially about teens. Let me just add to this that those stupid little half sweaters that only call attention to boobs should be banned, they look ridiculous!!!

r.d. said...

Sassyfemme,
That she does- her body is fantastic and that photo doesn't even show it off. Believe me, I've seen it up close and personal. And yah, what the hell is up with those boob hugger shirts! I have yet to see a woman look attractive in one- I just don't understand...

The Mad Hatter said...

Alright luva, can I hide here for a bit, fairy's got the wine glass out again?

XxX

jojo said...

I don't know Mia Hamm - she looks a little like Sherilynn Fenn (sp?) or maybe Amanda Pete (sp?) anyway, she looks quite pretty, too.

my hubby does not like lingerie, satin, lace, etc. In fact neither do I. The whole lingerie thing is weird... when I ever wore things like that I felt like a mannequin, fake and abnormal.

can we get rid of:
teens in sweatpants
w/words on the ass.
sporting uggs (ugh!)
tiny tanks w/too much boobage
mini hooded sweatshirt

(one of my girlfriends said "if I see one more girl in uggs I am going to bludgeon her")

what we have to look fwd to (ugh!):
tube tops & flip flops w/same damn sweat pants!

(all clothing aside) i hate perfume, and I do not like men's cologne either, it is like inhaling gasoline along with that pine tree car freshener. NOT sexy!