Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day 2006


Went for a run today- after coffee, fried eggs and bacon and a taste of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Turkey's in the oven, dishes are done and stomach is ready. On my run I was thinking about where I would like to be next year for Thanksgiving and I came up with two options: The first was to be able to take Friday off so I have a 4 day weekend and head up to California to visit C. Love's brother and either have dinner at home or I'd be cool with heading out to a restaurant on the water somewhere. Option two is to head to Maine to be with C. Love's parents. (because Maine is great in the fall) Then of course there's option three, which is to stay here but be living in a totally new home with a huge kitchen to cook the feast in. I'd take any option.

This year we decided to keep it quiet and simple: just the two of us. No invites, no strange food- just the turkey and sides. And wine, can't forget the wine. Anyway, besides being thankful for all that I am, today I would like to add being thankful for getting over a very mild case of the stomach flu that I had two days ago. Man, that came out of the blue, knocked me off my feet and wiped out any desire for a huge meal, or any food at all for that matter. I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to eat today but thankfully that's not so. I'm actually starving at this very moment.

I hope you all enjoy your day or enjoyed your day and or 'survived' the day. I guess it's time to bring on Christmas... but first I got to make my stuffing. Catch you all on the flip side. Cheers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of those options sound great! Glad you're feeling better and had a good, low-key day!

Maggie said...

I agree with Trin, that sounds great!

(I should have really gone for a run!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

r.d. said...

Thanks t2, can I just say how much I hate carving turkeys though. It sucks-otherwise the meal was delicious but I agree with you, lets move on.

Hey maggie,
Sounds good but we'll see... We were fortunate to have temps in the 50's today so the run was mandatory. These warm days will soon be gone-

Hope you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a good day and that you're feeling better.

Any good wine that you'd recommend? My cousin brought over a fabulous sparkling wine by Zefiro called Prosecco. (It's $11.99 with a Bev Mo card.) It's very light and doesn't give you a headache or heartburn. It would be great for brunch.

Right now, the thought of food or drink makes my stomach churn, so I'll stop now. :)

r.d. said...

Hey kel, we're actually all over that Prosecco. It's C.Love's drink of choice and of course I'll be happy to drink it as well. That's what we had on Thursday, I'm still not 100%, so the beer didn't seem too appealing (it's killing me)

I highly recommend the Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco for your next gathering- it's delicious. What's a Bev Mo card? Enjoy your weekend!

SassyFemme said...

Sounds like your day got off to a great start, glad your tummy was feeling better. It was just the two of us this year, too. Fran agrees about the turkey carving, that's always her job. Making notes of the wines you and Kelly are discussing... adding them to our wine tasting list. Happy leftover day! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey R.D.,

I'll check out the Nino Franco. Bev Mo is short for Beverages & More. I thought they were nationwide, but it looks like it's a California company. Sorry about that!

In any case, I found a chardonnay that is really smooth. It's by Edna Valley and runs about $9.99 or so. I've been off chardonnay for awhile because I've just found the taste too sharp lately and because I'm been digging the reds, but this one is wonderful.

I hope you continue to feel better. :)

r.d. said...

Thanks sassy,
Yea, the carving thing totally sucks- you should feel sorry for fran... Hey, enjoy the wine tasting! (love to hear that)

I just put that wine in my little black book so I would remember. Thanks!

Zoe said...

Sounds like a nice day, it's makes me wish we lived away from our home town.

Glad you're feeling better after your bout with the flu. Enjoy your weekend.

Middle Girl said...

Sounded like a great plans. Hope it came off without a hitch.

Happy belated T day. :)