Tuesday, February 20, 2007

6 days and 5 nights


In exactly one week from today for six days I will be able to:

Feel the warmth of the sun instead of the warmth of my radiator
Wear tank tops instead of fucking sweaters
Wear flip flops instead of fucking boots
Drink my morning coffee on the beach instead of my couch
Have cocktail hour outside instead of in my kitchen
Experience fresh air instead of forced heat
Feel loose instead of tight
Run on the beach instead of the pavement
Breathe instead of shiver
Drink, eat and drink instead of drink- cook and then eat... and drink
Experience instead of react
Write instead of blog
Relax instead of work
Wear my bandanna instead of my wool scull cap
Watch the day turn into night instead of waiting for the day to turn into night and
Feel inspired instead of tired

Next week at this time I'll be in the Bahamas... phew, bring it on.




7 comments:

Middle Girl said...

I shall recover from the pangs of jealousy long enough to wish you a safe trip and a joyful time.
Maybe. ;p

jromer said...

i hope you have great time!

SheA said...

Sounds beautiful, have a lovely time. And just think, you'll be able to hear the sound of waves crashing in the shore...instead of the snow melting on the sidewalk...Um..ok, ya can't hear the snow melt, but you get my point right?

Trinity2 said...

Sounds great! Bring it on! Have a great trip!

Kelly said...

Good for you and C. Love, R.D. Enjoy every minute of it. :)

r.d. said...

Thank you only daughter, I know how hard it is-believe me.

You can count on it j, thanks!

oh yeah, I definately get your point shea...

Don't worry t2, I'll have a drink for you on the beach-

Thanks so much kelly. I'll be sure to send you some warm Bahama energy!

Zoe said...

sounds fantastic. Enjoy the warmth.