Sunday, March 25, 2007

warm weather woes

Weather: 74 and sunny
Time: 11:00- 3:00 on a Sunday
Problem: It's 74 degrees on a Sunday afternoon in March


What the hell am I talking about? Here's the deal. For some unexplained reason whenever it's warm out and feels like summer in the springtime people tend to get OUT OF CONTROL. Whether it was the lake front, the grocery store or my neighborhood, everywhere we went today we were surrounded by too many people. Because of it and because of the fact that I can't continue on with my evening unless I make some sense of this, here's my list of the top ten most annoying things that surface when the weather starts to gets warm.

1. Public displays of affection. I don't like seeing anyone make out in public, it's gross and it's weird.

2. Lack of clothing. People dressing like it's 112 degrees in August when it's only 74 in March. It's warm, not hot.

3. Nudity.

4. Open car windows. I don't have any desire to hear someone else's music especially when it sucks. and especially when the punk behind the wheel is just that... a punk-ass kid.

5. Droves of people. For some reason, the warm weather is a magnet for anyone who either
a) hasn't been out of their house all winter long or
b) has never been to a grocery store, to actually attempt to shop. WHAT THE FUCK. It's like people think 'oh, it's nice out so I must go get some food'...

6. Kids. Warm weather gives kids and teens a license to raise their voices 10 decimal's higher than they usually would, yell uncontrollably, scream as if someones murdering them, carry on conversations as if everyone was hard of hearing and take up space where they don't belong. They are annoying and obnoxious.

7. Sunburns. It's warm out, the sun is hot, you are as white as a ghost because you haven't seen the light of day in three solid months and you think you can lay out for five hours and not get burned??!! Come on now, you look silly.

8. Air conditioners. I hate them all the time anyway but when I hear an air conditioner being put on as soon as the temp hits 70, somethings wrong.

9. Bad Smells. It has to do with open windows and personal hygiene...

10. Strangeness. I don't understand it but the warm weather brings out everyone and everything, and that's cool I guess- but I'm just saying...

Tonight we head out to watch the finale of The L Word. Should be an interesting crowd, it's still 73 degrees outside.

5 comments:

het (aka quickfit) said...

here here r.d
totally agree, except for the kids bit, I love hearing them playing outside making their own entertainment..
the smells....oh yes get a bath some of you reesty mingers !!

ciao4now x

SheA said...

good post- I'm with ya on the droves of people and the open window music experience....So today when it's not even gonna be 50 degrees- all those folks are back at home under the covers..and their car windows are rolled up. One positive- Opening Day only days away- instead of months...."O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
OVer the land of the free and the home of the brave?"
PLAY BALL!!!!!!

SassyFemme said...

Agree on the making out in public. A smooch or a hug is sweet, though. I actually love to hear kids laughing and giggling, and just being kids on warm days (probably the teacher in me).

The Mad Hatter said...

The public display of affection really pisses me off too ... moreover ... what about when your out with a couple who cant keep their frigging hands off eachother ... fairy and I were out with my cousin and her new man ... they were at it ... course I told em to get a room or I was gonna be sick ;-)

r.d. said...

het and sassy, first of all I have to clear up something. I also love kids, listening to kids laugh and play, etc, etc. Having said that, I still can't stand it when those same kids (or other rug rats) turn the sweet laughter into high pitched screams for extended periods of time or when their 'excitedness' gets out of control with caotic yelling. couple this with parents who could care less and being in a public space... And teens have their own other set of issues.

It's coming shea, it's coming!

mad hatter, (it's been a while)I should talk, c.love and I got literally thrown out of a club once because we were all over each other... but that was way back when, when seeing two hot women together only happened... ahh, only happened in people's fantasies. (I couldn't even say on tv because that's still not true)No more, we were young and stupid. But I hear you, NO SUCKING FACE AND 'rubbing' IN PUBLIC!!