Tuesday, August 14, 2007

my (future) summer home

I need some cash, cold hard cash because I want to buy something that at this exact moment I can't really afford. Or should I say is a little above my price range. It's a house- on Cape Cod. But it's way more than that; it's actually a house on The National Seashore in Wellfleet. There's a particular home in the same area that I'm more interested in but it isn't even up for sale. I have the woman in charge of these cottages asking the owner if they are willing to sell. Here's the thing, I'm tired of wanting and waiting- I can't take it anymore.

Ever since we got back from vacation we've started to adopt a new philosophy of just doing (whatever it is we want to do) and the rest will take care of itself. This requires a huge amount of faith and trust: that the universe will ultimately give you exactly want you deserve and desire. We are all in control of our own lives and a lot of the times I know fear and or crap gets in our way and holds us back. it's actually the philosophy of The Secret, or of the Law of Attraction. It's for real and it works. I have tons of faith, but it's a bit frightening all the same.

So I need some greenery, anyone got any they want to invest in something?
The path behind the house looks like this:
And then it's just steps away from this:













If we buy, we plan on renting it out to friends and family with the exception of a couple of weeks in July reserved for us. It's just a cottage we're looking for; a summer cottage to generate some additional income... for now. After that- who knows. It's just a beach house, it can't be all that difficult to get- right? If I could just find a way...

14 comments:

Zoe said...

That would awesome wouldn't it. We've been discussing buying property with J&S. Lake property preferably, and within a few hours drive so we can spend weekend there. Obviously I would love to be ocean front, but since I don't live ocean front and would like to use the property...we almost bought some gorgeous property in Alaska, but it's in Alaska wich is hardly a weekend get-away.

Good luck with getting your dream summer home.

Middle Girl said...

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I'm sure you'll get there.

Trinity2 said...

I am so there with you right now - only moving to Florida. B and I will def visit if you and C get the place!

r.d. said...

Yes, totally awesome zoe.

I definately have the 'will' only daughter- thanks.

Yeah you will t2!

Kelly said...

I couldn't think of a lovelier spot, R.D. I so want this for you and C.Love.

r.d. said...

Thanks so much kel, I'm dying out here... you know that right? You'll visit?

Maria said...

I've heard of The Secret, but since I haven't read it, can't intelligently comment.

But, I think life needs to hit that balance. You dream and then work to make the dream become reality. You also have to trust that you deserve it, etc.

I think too many people make the error of going too far in either direction, either they live beyond their means and go in debt. Or...they stay put when they really do have the resources to move, they just need to find the right path to that destination.

Here's hoping that the path opens up for you.

Kelly said...

I will most definitely visit, R.D. I only got to the Cape once but I loved it and made a promise to myself to make it back there.

You can count on me. :)

Maggie said...

That's fabulous! I'm so happy for you and C.Love! What a great place....

r.d. said...

Maria, it's all about the law of attraction. (not that kind of attraction) Rent it, you'll understand...

maggie, we don't own anything just yet... but thanks!

SassyFemme said...

Oh that looks fabulous. If you bought that and rented it out, we'd definitely want to be on that rental list. I'm serious!

weese said...

let me tell you this.
several years ago my wife and I were walking down Commercial Street in Ptown. We vacation there every year.
There was the most adorable cape for sale. At the time, with the price and our situation we could have bought it.
We didn't.
Damn.

r.d. said...

sassy, you are first(well, third) on the list just because you actually said those words. Thank you!

Hey weese, damn is right- I can hear your regret and believe me, I empathize with you. If it's not this particular one for us I know it will definately be another one for sure. Time will tell. Thanks for telling me that...

afuntanilla said...

i hope you can find a way. it sounds like it would be so fulfilling for you both